Discount Family Activities a Perk for Members
We provide opportunities for people from different WoodmenLife chapters and their guests to socialize and experience a variety of local attractions, while supporting our shared commitment to family, community and country.
Other outings include visits to:
- Major and minor league baseball games
- Zoos and safari parks
- Local fairs and festivals
Along with picnics and other social events – there’s something for everyone!
And want to know the best part? Most of the family activities WoodmenLife sponsors are at a discounted cost for our members1 and their guests.
Importance of Family Activities
In addition to being a fun way to meet new people, WoodmenLife discount family activities provide a great chance to spend quality time with your own family.
According to sheknows.com, quality family time offers many benefits:
- Families who enjoy group activities together share a stronger emotional bond.
- Family time creates warm memories for parents and children alike.
- Children with happy family memories are more likely to create a loving environment for their own children.
- Spending time together as a family helps busy parents reconnect with their children. It’s also a time when life lessons like sharing, fairness and compassion can be reinforced without conflict.
A report by CBS Houston also supports the importance of family time. It says that children learn how to behave in society by watching their parents interact with each other and the world. So, family times are a great way to model expected behaviors inside the family circle and with others in the community.
Focus on Seniors
In addition to discount family activities, WoodmenLife offers special senior activities for members who are age 55 and older. These activities can include bus trips, community tours and local theater performances. On the calendar for Nebraska/Iowa this year are “Ragtime” and “Singin’ in the Rain” performances, plus a bus trip to Missouri.
Many experts in the senior living field agree that social interactions help keep people mentally, physically and emotionally fit. According to LiveStrong, there are a number of important ways socialization improves senior health:
- Reduced stress.
- Longer lifespan.
- Reduced risk of depression.
- Greater self-esteem
We encourage WoodmenLife members of every age and their guests to join in the fun our family and senior activities provide!
If you’re not already a member, we hope you will take advantage of this opportunity to join the WoodmenLife family and experience the benefits2 membership offers. For more information, go to WoodmenLife.org/member-benefits.
- An individual becomes a member by joining our shared commitment to family, community and country, and by purchasing a WoodmenLife product.
- Member benefits are not contractual, are subject to change and have specific eligibility requirements.