Focusing on Men’s Health
Men’s Health Week is June 13-19, 2016!
Our friends at the CDC provide these tips for men (and women!) to live a healthy lifestyle:
- Get good sleep – Insufficient sleep is associated with several chronic conditions and diseases, aim for 7-9 hours every night!
- Toss out the tobacco – Putting out that cigarette has immediate and long-term benefits by lowering risk of heart disease, cancer, and stroke
- Move more – Aim for at least 2 hours of moderate-intensity aerobic activity every week.
- Eat healthy – Eat a variety of fruits and vegetables every day
- Tame stress – Take care of yourself and recognize situations you may feel overwhelmed
- Stay on top of your game – See your doctor as preventative visits are covered at 100% as part of your benefits as long as no diagnosis is made
For additional information on the above tips and resources to be healthy during Men’s Health Month and beyond visit: http://www.cdc.gov/men/nmhw/index.htm