Connected by Action
Family, community and country are important to most of us. So if most Americans feel that way, why not join an organization based on these shared values?
Well, here’s the reason our members do. WoodmenLife takes action. We help families. We improve communities. We celebrate this great country. And when I say we, I mean our nearly 700,000 members in thousands of towns and cities across the nation.
That’s a big impact and a lot of dedicated, giving individuals. Just look at the numbers. In 2016, our members:
- Organized and held more than 7,000 community service activities.
- Gave nearly 118,000 hours of volunteer time – that equals more than $2.7 million in donated time!
- Continued our National Community Focus of fighting hunger. Since we launched that initiative in Jan. 2015, our members have collected more than 341,000 pounds of food and donated more than $609,000.
- Raised nearly $1 million for individuals and communities in need, and community improvement projects, by publishing and promoting stories on RedBasket.org.
- Presented more than 172,000 flags.
That final number means we’ve donated more than 3 million U.S. flags since our patriotic program began in 1947. This milestone is an exciting one, and it couldn’t have happened without our members. I know our members are always on the lookout for churches, schools and fire stations that need new flags.
I can never thank our members enough for how selfless they are. If you’d like to find about our life insurance and retirement products, contact your local Representative. Or, if you just want find ways to help in your community, search for local chapter events or ways you can help on RedBasket.org.
Written by Patrick L. Dees, President & CEO of WoodmenLife.