Online Fundraising Is Key to Community Projects
Online fundraising can be the key ingredient to successful community improvement projects. Whether it’s raising money for neighborhood playground equipment, restocking local food pantry shelves or buying equipment for the local fire department, you can make a big impact.
How To Succeed at Online Fundraising
Anyone can champion a community project. Get started and stay focused. Lay out the who, what and why, and then let technology take it away. Online fundraising is a useful tool, but there are dos and don’ts to watch out for.
Dos For Successful Online Fundraising
- Get connected. Advocates and fundraisers should have a strong connection, so it’s clear what the needs are and why they’re important.
- Involve the community. Use social media and word of mouth to spread the word and connect with potential donors.
- Keep people updated. Thank contributors and give updates so people stay energized about the project.
- Film a video. People watch 100 million hours of video on Facebook each day. Don’t overlook this great way to grab people’s attention. Topics for videos can include why you’re fundraising, updates and progress, or thanking your donors.
- Focus on one campaign at a time. Dedicate yourself to spreading the word about your cause to reach the most donors.
Don’ts For Successful Online Fundraising
- Don’t start off slow. Aim to raise 30 percent of your goal in the first few days of your fundraiser.
- Don’t put your campaign on autopilot. To make people aware of your cause, consider posting regular updates to help donors follow you throughout your campaign. You can also use social media and community events to promote your cause.
- Don’t try to do it all by yourself. Recruiting people to act as your advocates will help keep your fundraiser running smoothly without overwhelming you.
- Don’t be afraid to go offline. While social media is a popular method to create awareness, spreading the word the old-fashioned way can earn just as many donations! Hang up flyers, send texts, make phone calls, and send postcards.
WoodmenLife Can Help Your Community Project
Now that you know how online fundraising is key to community projects, there’s a new tool you should know about. Our newest community-focused program, WoodmenLife ImpactSM, is an online fundraising program perfect for helping worthy causes in your hometown.
What Makes WoodmenLife Impact Different?
- WoodmenLife will pay 100 percent of administrative costs, including credit card fees. Other fundraising websites collect money by charging a flat fee, deducting a percentage from every donation or charging processing fees.
- The benefitting organization keeps all of the donations, regardless if the fundraising goal is met. Some websites do not let the fundraiser keep any of the money raised if the fundraising goal is not met.
- Fundraisers are verified. Most other websites don’t verify the legitimacy of published fundraisers, but WoodmenLife does.
- WoodmenLife will donate $50 to a new fundraiser1. This is a rare offering among fundraising websites.
Start by filling out an application at WoodmenLife.org/Impact. From there, we will verify your project’s financial need and ensure it supports our organization’s commitment to family, community and country. After your campaign goes live, you’ll have 45 days to fundraise for it.
This is your chance to make a difference where you live. What you can accomplish with WoodmenLife Impact shows how small actions can have a huge impact . We’d be proud to help you do that.
- Seed funds are granted as available on a first-come, first-served basis and are not guaranteed to all campaigns. Approval of campaign proposals is dependent upon certain conditions and requirements as determined by WoodmenLife.